Search Unity

Is there a beginner tutorial for creating such effect?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by stealthmodeactivated0, May 13, 2019.

1. stealthmodeactivated0

stealthmodeactivated0

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Not sure which one, or if any particular tutorial is good, for described animation, but I can give few keywords:

• GameObject ( bullets / explosion )
    • Shoot / fire ( bullet ),
    • rigid bodies ( ground / bullet ),
    • move ( bullet ),
    • colliders / collisons ( ground / bullet )
    • particles ( explosion ),
    • animation ( explosion )

Basically, you shoot game object (as bullet). It should be rigid body. Then physics moves it. When collides with ground (hit), execute animation, or particles of explosions.

Type any of these keywords in browser search bar, with addition tutorial / example / unity, and you will find tons of examples.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Like @Antypodish mentioned it's basically just a GameObject being fired off in a direction, activating a particle system when it collides with another that then spawns multiple particle systems. Back when I was handling a couple complex particle systems for a project I wasn't able to find any good tutorials or much in the way of reference material.

My recommendation is to look over the particle systems in the following free asset. The Earth Shatter, Goop Spray, Muzzle Flash, and a couple others I can't think of right now are good examples of multiple particle systems working together. My method of learning how to do it was basically just playing around with them until it clicked.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/tutorial-projects/unity-particle-pack-127325

Antypodish likes this.
  4. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

Start with instantiation, and then particles. Click click boom.