Search Unity

is the old asset store gone?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by deiong, Oct 9, 2017.

1. deiong

deiong

i have been redirected to the new asset store a few weeks ago, however its really hard to find anything and doesn't seem to have had any updated stuff in it. if i go to the released drop down and select updated a month in the template packs it only shows like 8 updated in the past month. is that the area that used to be complete projects?? i've tried looking through it but half of the stuff that i used to see in that area do not exist in the template packs or template system or template tutorial area..

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

If you click your profile icon you can Revert To Old Store.

They're adding more users frequently and understand that there are clunky things in it. Use the feedback form judiciously, otherwise they'll just assume things are fine.

Mark_01 and scarpelius like this.
  3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I still have the ugly old one :(

MarkusGod likes this.
  4. scarpelius

scarpelius

Praise the internet god, I found this fix, the new asset store is giving me headaches. Plus it does let me click on items after I do a search on Firefox. There is too much javascript in that page.

Mark_01 likes this.
  5. Mark_01

Mark_01

Where exactly can you switch back ?
    It just switched me to the new store ... the new store ... don't like it at all...

the way its set up, they won't be selling more, can't browse and find what ever..
    really dumb set up... really most people say they don't like it..
    so why are they forcing it..

6. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

Right up corner
    upload_2018-1-22_21-49-44.png

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. Mark_01

Mark_01

Cool, Thank you for the fast answer MarkusGod :)

The site must be having hick ups .. I pressed the Shop on old store 5 times, nothing, And then tried on
    my profile page and could not find any setting. But i did find i was in the wrong time zone. HAHA

Thank so much.
    mark

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  8. Migueljb

Migueljb

Please unity the new store does not work period. I feel lost in it every time to loads up. If you must force your ways on things the community does not want or like at least leave the old forum link there for us to use.

I really don't understand the asset store as it is now just works so why mess with it really? Remember the "NEW" forums unity you pushed on us had that work out... horrible. This new Connect thing your trying even worse just leave things as they are they just work and they work great. Take a Poll at least asking your community members what they might want changed to see what your working with before you come up with some idea and just change it. I wonder how much of the community I am talking for here but work on the engine instead of the forums and asset store. PLEASE!!

Mark_01 likes this.
  9. rob8861

rob8861

Hey guys,
    When I click on the "shop on old store" it redirects me to the old store for exactly 1 second, then redirect me back to the new one. It's like I can't get rid of this new asset store cancer website. I feel like there is a malicious javascript code that forces me to use this horribly designed new asset store.

any idea if this is a common thing on Windows? Haven't tried on a mac yet?

10. VIC20

VIC20

Because of people who don’t find the "revert to old store“ link in the user settings or the “shop on old store“ link in the menu.

Before yesterday only 30% of all users were sent to the new store automatically. Unity wrote on the publisher forums that their stats show that the majority of those users never switched back. They think this means that most people like the new store more than the old one and this is the reason why they decided to make the new store live for all users now (with option to switch back to the old one) although it is still in beta.

Mark_01 likes this.
  11. indie_dev85

indie_dev85

My Wallet really love the new store :rolleyes: No more purchases till they improve the store, feel totally lost on the new store.

Also why are Unity forcing new store to everyone, even Shop On Old Store loads old store then redirect back to the new one.:mad:

12. Mark_01

Mark_01

Same here, you can't browse in peace, you see the same high price. err " stuff "
    it is no where as good as the old store, imho

Really dumb to think that all users, will want to use the new store ( it's reasonable to know that a new user to anything will use the first thing that they are introduced to.. like a new store front ) Still though... that's like believing your own
    propaganda.

Same idea as every company and their dog, wants user " survey's . On line and even in retail.
    People have to ask their friends and well known customers to trade on that relationship to get them to
    fill out a survey. Well .. how do they think they are getting an honest survey even ?

For me its gotten Soo bad, If a survey pops up on line when i just go to a page to read something ...
    I don't even try and close the survey box any more.. I just close the whole page.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  13. Mark_01

Mark_01

Was just looking at Whats on secret sale, seems i have the old store back!!
    Yeah !!!!

14. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

From what I can tell, the new and old stores roughly pull the same data. But the new store doesn't have a nice navigable set of links and just acts like a clothing store of some whimsical nature, except I have seen more useful clothing stores. You know, with useful links.

Alverik and Mark_01 like this.
  15. SukhvinderSingh

SukhvinderSingh

I am a publisher and I am not able to track page views on my assets using Analytics since it requires the user to switch back to the old version, by default the older links will be redirected to the new asset store. I've tried opening it in incognito mode and it always redirects to the new version.
    Asset store should keep the older version by default. Also, sometimes back, I think in August 2017, the same thing happened and I lost the majority of the pageviews and didn't even got a single sale just because of the new version.

Mark_01 likes this.
  16. Mark_01

Mark_01

I think studies show that more " white space " on a page makes it easier to see
    and people stay longer because of " eye rest / eye fatigue " In screen plays if they see a wall of black they
    go this can't be good out the door.

Its why for me I make more white space in my posts, for me i think its easier to read.

I don't know, but i can't / don't want to buy anything on the new store, one reason is you can't
    really find similar things ( like top paid , and free of the similar things ) . It " feels " like
    Unity is only showing what they want you to buy on the new store.

What would be the point of being an asset developer, if you can't get views. Like you said, you did not get any views on the new store format.

And yeah I have seen more then one person say i am not buying on the new store.
    The revert to old store was not really flashing big red notice that you could even switch back.
    Also it only became apparent when you logged in. ( they may have had that button, Am not sure, because now they have the old store button, when you are not logged in. SO that's good )

Let the users decided which store they want to shop one. I'd bet over time, the old store format will win. Just IMHO is all.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  17. Catacomber

Catacomber

I just wanted to buy a swan graphic. The search bar is black, not the best color for a search bar. Strange things came up. No swan. I saw a swan weeks ago in the old asset store but wasn't ready to use it yet. The new store is totally nonfunctional for me. Oh, well. It will save me a ton of money because I can't find anything to buy. The old store was rso easy to use. I was Unity poor from buying things. No more.

By the way, I tried to leave feedback on the new asset store on their feedback tab but it wouldn't go through.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Alverik and pushingpandas like this.
  18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yeah the only good thing of the new store is, that I down buy assets anymore, since I cant find them.. lol

19. yaboie

yaboie

How do you go back to the new asset store look? I went to the old one and now i cant go back.

20. Mark_01

Mark_01

Here is the link .. you can try on your account to switch to the old store as well

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay

I have a book mark so when I really want to look at an asset I use the old store .. it just easier ..... :rolleyes:

NordicIsle and Zebbi like this.
  21. Zebbi

Zebbi

New store is broken on iPhone 5 so I'll keep this link thanks!

Mark_01 likes this.
  22. Mark_01

Mark_01

It seems even when I say revert to old store, it does not stick. I wish they could use the
    old store UI but with the new code they want to make the new store on ( I think that's why ) ...