Search Unity

Is the new user count actually accurate?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by monark, Sep 3, 2015.

1. monark

monark

We are seeing odd behaviour here regarding numbers of new users. For example we have an IOS app in beta that is showing pretty much bang on the same number of new users every day as active daily users. This can't be possible though as it's not even been released yet. We have some beta testers but I would expect the DAU to be high and the New users 0.
    We are also seeing unexpected things in the released webplayer where again we are seeing very close tracking between new users and active daily users. This is odd for us as we provide a subscription service and we would expect high daily returning users and much lower new users as we very rarely sell to individuals, it tends to be bigger institutions and libraries that type of thing. I'm assuming a "new user" is in fact a new machine running the player so I would not expect so many new ones all the time as the users will be sat at the same machines all the time.

2. mpinol

mpinol

3. jpv1234

jpv1234

Same happening to me. We are 4 people and we only install new builds to test our game. My Analytics data says there are 84 users and well this is impossible =(

4. mpinol

mpinol

5. jpv1234

jpv1234

@mpinol I just opened the ticket, thanks for your help!