Search Unity

Is the firm needed to sell your games or you can develop them at home?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BLGaming260, Jan 4, 2019.

1. BLGaming260

BLGaming260

Hi, I'm new here and i want to develop and sell the game. And i don't know do i have to open a firm to develop the games from unity or i can do it and sell them just at home. I was wondering... And is it legal? And i was wondering if its legal to create your own company like, you are putting logo of your company before the game starts at home, and sell them to asset store or else, or do you need to open your firm to do it? Also, i will be grateful if someone can tell me is it legal to sell your game to asset store or anything with non-paid unity "personal version". thanks for your further help

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Depends on the country you're in. Please, for real advice ask an accountant and/or a lawyer.

Unity Personal license allows you to create paid applications, yes. Please read the EULA for details.

Kiwasi likes this.
  3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Most countries have the concept of a sole trader. Which lets you carry out business activities in your own name. For most people getting started this structure makes sense.

Antypodish likes this.
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Soul Trader, sounds like a good name for a game!

Kiwasi and Schneider21 like this.
  5. Schneider21

Schneider21

Released in the US as Soul Proprietor.

Actually, please nobody take this until I can register it in iTunes Connect.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So, it was a joke, right?