Search Unity

Is the EPAD Android 2.2 Compatible with Unity 3d?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Prodigious Studios, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Prodigious Studios

Prodigious Studios

I have the EPAD Android 2.2 and I've gotten all the driver updates as well as all the updates on the Android SDK and my device is still not being detected in Unity. I don't know if my device isn't compatible or if I'm just doing something wrong. Even people with compatible devices are having problems so I'm kind of stuck. The EPAD is also not being detected in the Android SDK program.

I'm using Windows Vista 64.

Also my device is listed as a removable device, shouldn't it say Android something...?

If anyone knows any info that could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

Have you turned on debugging on the android device?

Also, being how long the epad has been out, I doubt it's hardware is compatible with unity. It needs ArmV6 with VFP, or ArmV7 and up, as well as has to support openES2 if I recall correctly.

3. Prodigious Studios

Prodigious Studios

Yes, debugging is on.

Well it can play any games I've installed on it and since it's 2.2 it has to at least be equal with the lower end 2.0 devices right? I don't really know the EPAD's specs so it's hard it firgure out what to do.

4. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

5. Dreamora

Dreamora

No

Prior Android 3.0, Google didn't restrict access in any form, as a consequence many asian device creators created trash devices that are totally incapable and pushed android on it, leading to sub par experiences. As such its very well possible that it does not do much good at all.

One clear indication for example is the lack of market place. if you cant access the android market place your device would basically be useless for any realistic use as not even google accepts it