Search Unity

Is that possible to check a certain user subscription iap ?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by dennz_liu, Feb 19, 2019.

1. dennz_liu

dennz_liu

Hi,

This question seem wierd. But it is like the title question said about. I need to check if certain user subscription from another user is still active or not.

Example : I have admin app and client app. Admin app user will do a subscription iap so a client app user can enjoy the feature.

If admin app user stop the subscription then client app user will no longer see the feature in the client app.

Is that possible for a client user app to check if the admin app user is still subscribe iap to the developer or not ?

Can we save a google account to the database so we can check if a certain google account has subscribe iap or not ?..

I am developing this using a unity engine c#.

Thank you..

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

For security, Google would not let another person make purchases on your behalf or make changes to your transaction/subscription status. Only if the same person were logged into an admin app, but even then, you would need to write the code yourself.

3. dennz_liu

dennz_liu

Hi @JeffDUnity3D ,

Thank you for your fast response. But i need advice from an expert in here for this case.
    In other word is there any chance to code it by myself ?
    I have found a little logic how to code it.
    Like when the admin subscribe i can store the expired date to the database, so that a client app user can detect how long the service or feature will be available.
    But the problem is when it is expired, if the admin use auto renewing then i cannot update the next expired date to my database if the admin user didnt start the app.

Is there any way how to manipulate this case ?

Did you get what i mean in here ?

Thank you

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, I understand that you need to hire someone to help you with this issue, although as I am the lead support engineer for IAP, I guess that makes me an expert! You likely won't be able to do what you want because of security. I certainly would not want another user making purchases for me, or cancelling them! Good luck on your project.

5. dennz_liu

dennz_liu

Thank you @JeffDUnity3D

I think i should move the admin app to the web app.
    With that i can create a cronjob to check everything automatically and use a stripe payment.

Thanks a lot

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, you would not be able to make a stripe payment on behalf of another user. Unless your Admin and User accounts are one and the same.