Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question is substance stable for you?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Dec 3, 2019.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

hard crash on selecting a sphere with substance on it, was wondering if substance was still a tad broken

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Do you mean substance plugin? Because substance is a 3rd partyasset now and not supported in the engine natively so better asking on the thread for that asset if so

3. dgoyette

dgoyette

They also don't officially support Unity alpha/beta releases, and only seem to supporting it once the build is fully released. So, in general, it's not a good idea to ever use the Substance plugin with Unity alpha/beta releases.

4. Flavelius

Flavelius

Also in the current state it's generally not a good idea to use the plugin, it's still in beta (and probably will be for a while)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

Can you please let me know more information about the substance you are using? It should be more stable for general use with the latest release. I haven't seen a crash as you have described but I want to get more info on the issue so we can make sure it's not a bug.

Cheers,
    wes

6. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

2.4.1 on 2019.3f1