Search Unity

Bug Is something wrong with this FBX file?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TabuuForteAkugun, Jul 30, 2020.

1. TabuuForteAkugun

TabuuForteAkugun

I cannot for the life of me import this file. Unity's Asset Importer just refuses to import it while it works on other variants of this character. I just get a nearly instant crash when importing it. Is something wrong with the export? It only chokes on this particular FBX.

I'm supplying a ZIP with the model in it. I'm using 2019.4.5f1 LTS

Attached Files:

2. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hi @TabuuForteAkugun,

How are you generating your FBX?

Did you already generate and import successfully another FBX with the same workflow (using the same app and same export settings while creating the FBX)?

TabuuForteAkugun likes this.
  3. TabuuForteAkugun

TabuuForteAkugun

Yes, I did. The same maxscript converter/importer and same settings. 3DS Max with a custom maxscript for SSB Ultimate.

I just imported another character from that game with the exact same workflow and he imported. Something's up with the FBX's skin on the file I supplied. Without skinning it imports.

4. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Ok, if it's the same character with a different rigging or animation, maybe you can try with a simpler version of the same setup, and then start adding complexity in a few steps to find out in which step the crash it's happening.

If you narrow down where the problem it's happening with more detail, then you'll be able to find the root of the issue and then fix the FBX (if the file it's wrong) or report a bug.

Good luck with it!

5. TabuuForteAkugun

TabuuForteAkugun

Well the issue is, I didn't touch any of the settings for the FBX exporter. I'm using 3DS Max 2019's default export setting. Strange...

Thank you!

DiegoDePalacio likes this.