Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

is project tiny ripe enough to make a project?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by virtouso, Mar 4, 2021.

1. virtouso

virtouso

hi.

i just started to make plyable ad using unity. max permitted size for playable ad on facebook and google-ad is about 2mb but webgl empty project is about 3.1mb

i searched and i found out project tiny that is suited for this kind of work but the problem is i tried to make a webgl build for project tiny and there is bugs in packages that doesnt let you build. as its mentioned, the package is highly under development so i thinnk i cant use it at this period of time. am i right?

2. Maras

Maras

Hi, from my POV it is certainly possible to finish a project with a small scale, but you should expect that the development will take a bit longer and you might encounter some bugs or unexpected behavior.

If you plan to make a shift from your current stack to Tiny, then it might be worth it though.

3. virtouso

virtouso

@Maras can you tell me how much size does webgl output of tiny project have? i expect to be les than 1mb for a playable ad. but it was about 6mb event more than unity usual webgl output

4. Maras

Maras

The new unpacked build of https://punygames.com/play/spherestroyer is about 2.5MB (1.7MB zipped), it could probably go below 2MB with some optimizations - reducing the quality of sounds and removing characters that are not used from TMPro.

Was the build option set to release?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    tonialatalo likes this.
  5. virtouso

virtouso