Search Unity

Is possible to use Addressable Asset System to download HDRP or LWRP assets?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by MarcoElz, Aug 28, 2019.

1. MarcoElz

MarcoElz

Hello, I am working on a client project and I need to have working a HD version for PC and a Lite version for Mobiles. For the HD version I will be using HDRP, while for the Lite LWRP. The project is a simple showroom of products.

The problem is that don't want to maintain two project for common functions like most of UI and scripts...

I though that maybe is possible to have a main project for common functions, and another two project for the 3D, where I configure for each project the 3d assets, materials and lighting for each product scene and package it as an Asset Bundle using Addressable Asset System.
    Also, the catalogue of products could be expanded in the future, so Asset Bundles are the right way for this (specially in mobile to control the app size).

I have read in other post that targeting both HDRP and LWRP is not the best idea, but I need all the power of HDRP for desktops while having a lite version for mobiles, I want to be sure of the best approach for my needs.

Is it possible? Is it a bad idea? Do you recommend another approach?