Search Unity

Question Is possible to make a pour sauce mechanic?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by BlackzD, Jul 28, 2022.

1. BlackzD

BlackzD

Hello everyone, first of all excuse me if this topic does not go here (I did not know where to put it... I'm new and this is my first thread) I'm learning about Unity and I'm creating as a first phase of a game that I'm making. I was thinking if something like this can be done, be able to pour sauces or dressing like in the video at second 14. (Like an ketchup for a pizza, meat, bread, etc.)

I don't know if it's a very difficult mechanic for the level I'm at (but I like challenges)... I was thinking about modes, and it occurred to me to paint like in Splatoon (I tried it and I didn't like it very much).

(although I should ask a dumb question first, is it possible to do it in Unity?)

2. jlorenzi

jlorenzi

It's probably possible, I'd say one way would to have a cylinder model for the sauce, then scale it on the y axis in the direction it's pouring to make it look like it's actually pouring. And for filling the bowl you could make a model of your bowl that's full of sauce, and you could mask out the sauce part using a shader then you could adjust the mask to cover less and less to make it look like it's actually going in the bowl.

That seems like a hard way to do it though, you might be able to get away with having a lot of small spheres with rigidbodys come out of the bottle, make em all close together somehow to make it look like liquid and then have their rigidbodys disappear when they hit the pizza so they don't move.

3. warthos3399

warthos3399

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You can bake a mesh fluid animation with alembic via blender or other DCC app if you need a high quality simulation as well. Or use something like https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/zibra-liquids-free-201207

BrandyStarbrite likes this.