Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

is oculus Integration broken?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by FakeTails, May 26, 2019.

1. FakeTails

FakeTails

(Sorry if reposts aren't allowed, I also posted this in scripting because I was unsure of which was more appropriate)

I got the oculus rift S the other day and jumped right into game development with it.

After creating a new 3D project, I set up the player to allow for oculus support, and imported the oculus integration, then went into one of the sample scenes to test out the basics, and instead of some fun grabbing and throwing I was met with scripts stating the following:

“the associated script cannot be loaded. OVR. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script”

So I decided to try it in another project of mine that happened to be HDRP, and it worked(so it’s not the rift s)... however I do not want HDRP for VR... and besides that it doesn’t make since for that to work and not standard 3D or even the Lightweight VR pipeline.

So in summary, the scripts aren’t working, I’ve tried reinstalling unity, different versions (from 2018.4 to the newest) I’ve deleted all folders, removed oculus asset files, and I am now at a brick wall. Any help would be appreciated.

2. FakeTails

FakeTails

I just started checking the scripts and noticed that each said "no monobehaviour scripts in the file, or their names do not match the file name.", biggest issue with those statements is that A) they do derive from mono, and B) they are assets from the asset store that I know work for other people, and even work in ONE of my other projects, but every new project I try to use them in has this issue.

3. FakeTails

FakeTails

I finally just fixed it, not sure which did it finally, but I did four things at once:

1. Uninstalled all unity programs (hub, installs, everything)

2. Deleted all files from program files (unity hub, unity)

3. Deleted all files from app data inside of local, localLow, and roaming (unity, unity hub, UnityHub)

4. Uninstalled visual studio 2019 and installed 2017 (thought it might be the issue)
    When I got back on unity it stated that I needed to download a newer version of OVR (I declined) and now it all works! FINALLY!

Davkar688 likes this.
  4. doctor_di

doctor_di

It's beyond broken. I can't get anything to work. Same errors, really sick of installing and uninstalling Oculus SDK just to run their sample demos. Oculus' SDK is sad.

5. Spaghetti_blacc

Spaghetti_blacc

I'm having the same issue. I just want to collaborate and add a user to my project to see if anyone can get the scripts in my project functioning before I go through a whole uninstall sweep. Will that work?

6. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

seems to be working fine for me

7. konzeptzwei

konzeptzwei

hey fake tails!
    the most important thing is for us to help you: what unity version, what oculus sdk do you use?

8. jkh0208

jkh0208

I have the same issue. I go back to an older version of my project, and everything works fine. I import Oculus Integration, and it breaks the Oculus SDK. I tried every option, saying "yes" to upgrading OVR, saying "yes" to upgrading spatializer, saying "no" to one or both, etc. No matter what I do, I can't get Oculus SDK to load successfully after importing Oculus Integration. Using 2019.3.0f6.

9. MPM

MPM

Same issue, same version (2019.3).
    HD Render Pipeline (HDRP)
    Oculus Integration Version: 13.0 • Feb 7, 2020
    (Edit2: I since downgraded to 1.42 and it works)

Tested with OI included sample scene, failed by returning true here when hitting Play:
    "if (displaySubsystem == null || inputSubsystem == null)"
    @line 108 in OculusLoader.cs

My project packages:
    upload_2020-2-8_20-21-45.png

This project also had EditorXR installed (but then deleted as it doesn't work either)

Edit: HMD is Oculus Rift

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    jkh0208 likes this.
  10. Clavus

Clavus

I had to delete the contents of Oculus/VR/Plugins/ folder before everything worked again. The Oculus Integration tries to enable the OVRPlugin dll in there when you import the package, but this broke loading the Oculus SDK entirely for me on the new XR plugin system.

11. enhawk

enhawk

it's not "broken" but it is a moving target... sometimes a lot of it doesn't work unless you do certain things, which change depending on the version, best way to keep it running nicely is to keep up to date with the developer forums.

12. anurajpatel5634

anurajpatel5634

I am watching a video on adding Oculus support for Unity. The person is using Unity 2017 3.0f3 and in that application he is adding the Oculus integration. However, when I use the Unity 2017 3.0f3 exactly that is in the video, I get a message for the integration app in asset store that only with Oculus 2018 or more it works. I am getting rather confused and not sure whether the video is misinformation about Oculus integration usable with Unity 2017. I am getting stuck on this and I don't know how to fix the problem.

Here is the image. The video was showing Oculus integration to be working with Unity 2017 3.0f3 but in the image it shows that it doesn't work.

Attached Files:

13. mgear

mgear

asset store requires minimum version to be 2018.4, so probably should upgrade to that.
    (or you can download package with that version, and try if it still works in 2017.3)