Search Unity

Question Is NINTENDO SWITCH supported?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by VStopka0, Jul 28, 2020.

1. VStopka0

VStopka0

Hello,

lately I have been playing with both Universal RP and HDRP, and I absolutely fell in love with HDRP. The only problem is that I want my game to be supported by Nintendo SWITCH, and after about an hour of reading almost 2 years old conversations about HDRP supporting SWITCH, I still don't know if it does or not.

So my question is: Is NINTENDO SWITCH supported? Or is it's support planned, maybe?

Thank you all for your answers,
    Viktor Stopka

2. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

The first page of HDRP manual states which plattforms are supported:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@9.0/manual/index.html

"
    HRDP is only supported on the following platforms:

Windows and Windows Store, with DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 and Shader Model 5.0
    Modern consoles (Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox One)
    MacOS using Metal graphics
    Linux and Windows platforms with Vulkan

HDRP does not support OpenGL or OpenGL ES devices.

Note: HDRP only works on these platforms if the device used supports Compute Shaders.
    "

3. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

It's not. It was supported initially, but Unity dropped support later on. Keep in mind that they mean "official" support: the Switch GPU supports all features required by HDRP, Unity just decided to no longer spend resources on it themselves.

If you have serious graphics programming skills, it is possible to modify HDRP to run on Switch, but you are on your own if you go that route.

radiantboy likes this.
  4. radiantboy

radiantboy

Oh such a shame, and no way to go to and from HDRP and SRP, disaster for porting an HDRP app to switch :-/ Basically going to end up with 2 different projects and codebases :-o

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Yep, so let's hope pipeline coexistence will get in alpha soon