Search Unity

Is Mixed Mode lighting broken in 2017.2.0f1 (with Enlighten)?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JamesArndt, Sep 28, 2017.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

This issue concerns an Android OS build and I did want to specify that I know Mixed Mode lighting is broken with the Progressive Lightmapper, but I wasn't aware it became broken with Enlighten. I am seeing a lot of weirdness. So if I bake in Lighting Mode "Baked Indirect" using a Mixed Mode directional light, it literally bakes no lightmaps. The editor scene is all still real time with no baked lighting. When I set that single Directional Light to "Baked" mode the scene becomes lightmapped, but all real time lighting is gone. I even set the light back to Mode -> Real Time and it does nothing, the non-static objects are dark and unlit. Is there something I'm not aware of where Mixed Mode lighting with Enlighten became broken too? I know this was an issue with the Progressive Lightmapper, but not Enlighten.

2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Not a soul to provide any guidance? I haven't found any new information on this.

3. Ostwind

Ostwind

4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

2017.2 just released final. I haven't heard if there were any improvements to Enlighten or the Progressive Lightmapper? Hopefully Mixed Mode lighting is now fixed.

5. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @JamesArndt

I did a small test on Android platform with the settings you described (one mixed directional light in Baked Indirect light mode, Enlighten used as backend) and can't observe the issue you're describing in 2017.2.0f3. Regardless of baking mode (auto or manual), I can see that lightmaps are generated for static GameObjects and dynamic GameObjects successfully sample indirect lighting via light probes. Mind you, you need light probes to correctly lit your dynamic objects in Baked Indirect.

I also did a manual upgrade of a test project we have for light modes in order to determine if it's an upgrade issue but still, can't reproduce it. Could you perhaps elaborate more on your scene setup and what used to work in older versions and what is not specifically working in 2017.2. Thank you for your help!

Meanwhile, here are some of the new features we added to lighting in 2017.2:
    - GI Profiler, Double sided GI, SpeedTree lightmap baking, lightmap stitching, A-Trous filter and a few more small features.
    You can find the details here: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/10/12/unity-2017-2-is-now-available/

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Ostwind likes this.