Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Is migration possible from 2018.2.0x-ImprovedPrefabs to 2018.3.0b?

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by adamzl, Sep 12, 2018.

1. adamzl

adamzl

I was hoping I could migrate a project that used the improved prefabs in the standalone distribution of 2018.2 improved prefabs to a 2018.3 project but am getting an error message.

Failed to add default packages to project:
    'projectVersion' parameter is invalid:
    '2018.2.0x-ImprovedPrefabs' is not a valid unity version

2. oscar_gutierrez

oscar_gutierrez

I also had the same error and delete the ProjectSettings / ProjectVersion.txt file and I already opened the project

3. adamzl

adamzl

Thanks sir, this fixed the issue.

4. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Technologies

Yes, it is possible!

One thing you can do currently is open the projectVersion.txt file and change 2018.2.0x-ImprovedPrefabs to 2018.3.0b1 and then open the project! It might cause a reimport and packages will likely need to be upgraded/updated.

Edit: And obviously, in the future, change the end version number of 2018.3.x to whatever the latest beta/release is. :D

5. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

*Might* cause a reimport? I thought that was mandatory, even between b1 and b2?

unityunity