Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth implementing achievements in Google Play, Gamecenter? for Casual Games

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by luniac, Mar 6, 2019.

1. luniac

luniac

I believe in leaderboards for a sense of competition.

However I'm uncertain if casual gamers care about achievements, is it worth the time to implement them?

what's been your experience?

2. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Depending on you game arcitecture(? however it's spelled), it could be trivially easy or the worst thing that happened to your design.

If you havn't made the game yet take it into cosideration, with a properly designed event system it's a breeze.

3. digiross

digiross

From my past experience, an overwhelming majority of my customers wanted achievements. As you said, it's one way to have a sense of accomplishment. And for me personally, as a gamer, the games I play have to have progression/accomplishment or I get bored with it.

Ryiah likes this.
  4. luniac

luniac

I see, thanks.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

My anecdotal info is the majority of people don't care about them, but a small subset of players like to basically collect them.

Deleted User, SparrowGS and Ryiah like this.
  6. Volcanicus

Volcanicus

Download and play Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes, the card game. I found that they implement a nice achievement system that rewards you with a little bit more than just a title.