Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it safe for a user to watch an ad whenever one is available?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TriBolt72, Apr 26, 2015.

1. TriBolt72

TriBolt72

I have heard that people can get banned for watching too many ads, and I do not want anything like that to happen. I have a button that shows up after the player dies that will allow them to come back to life if they watch an ad. The button will only show if an ad is ready. Is that safe or should I regulate how often that button shows up? I know in Crossy Road the the "gain 20 coins" button isn't always there, so I am a bit curious to find an answer.

PS. My game is not live yet, I'm still making it.

2. elmar1028

elmar1028

Automatically showing ads every time player dies would annoy gamer and your user base will fade quickly.
    Giving them an option to watch a video like in Crossy Road is a good option, but you should find a way to make them watch the video like get coins.
    In Crossy Road, the reason why button is not appearing every time you die is because it makes user play the game more for that button to appear again and watch the video to get coins.

3. TriBolt72

TriBolt72

I guess I was somewhat unclear... But they do have an option and they do get rewarded, but IF a player were to use the "reward" button too often, would that cause a problem? I was just wondering where the line was for how often they could be shown if someone were to engage in an ad every time. I do like how you said that it doesn't show up all the time so the player wants to play more to get it. Alright, thank you for the answer. You're right about the fact that it would be more effective if it was only shown randomly. I'll do that.