Search Unity

1. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it real to evenly transfer the energy from outer force to just spawned parts?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by vintproykt, Oct 8, 2017.

1. vintproykt

vintproykt

Good time of day, awesome community!
    What I'm actually trying to do is getting real feel of objects presence within the wooden crate:
    • sounds of shaking surprises and other influences,
    • remove some planks without explosion (claw method) to see what's inside the crate.

It becomes more performant to make onesided switch from primitive box to couple of planks (parts) on strong collision. So I need to spawn these planks with needed joints and give them force that was received by (removed) crate last delta time.

Is it real to evenly transfer the energy from outer force to just spawned parts?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. BoogieD

BoogieD

Yeah, just do it. I spawn airplane parts on collision and apply force to the spawned parts so they fly off in the appropriate directions. You may also wish to multiply the force for extra effect.