Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to use Shape2D in C#?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Ferran_SP, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ferran_SP

Ferran_SP

Hi,

I've added the Unity.Tiny.Shape2D assembly definition reference in my project.
    I expected this would allow me to add a Shape2DRenderer component to my entities, but turns out in the Shape2D.cs file this component is flagged with the HideInInspector attribute, so I can't do that visually.
    So I thought I would create a custom component, and have it inherit from Shape2DRenderer. But it won't allow me to inherit from Shape2DRenderer:

Assets\Samples\Project Tiny\0.15.3-preview\Spawn and Destroy\Components\TestShapeComponent.cs(9,36): error CS0527: Type 'Shape2DRenderer' in interface list is not an interface

Why's this?

I'll try to add the component manually from code to an entity, but I'd like to know why I can't do like above.

Thanks!

2. JJJohan

JJJohan

If they've directly ported the implementation from the TypeScript version then it simply isn't visible in the editor but can be added programmatically.

I've had a play with it but it shape rendering doesn't appear to work correctly in the current version. See my experience with Shape2DRenderer in this post.

Ferran_SP likes this.