Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to use render streaming from one unity application to another?

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by vlassisfo, Mar 21, 2022.

1. vlassisfo

vlassisfo

I have two unity applications, let's refer to them as student and teacher for now. A single person runs the teacher application, whereas up to 10 people will run the student application simultaneously on their end. The students will have a simple scene to navigate through. On the teacher's end, the application mostly consists of UI elements.

When the teacher selects a student through his UI, he needs to be able to see whatever that student's camera is currently rendering. He also needs to be able to switch views between students with as little overhead as possible.

Before getting started I took a look around and found the unity render streaming package. However, it seems like a unity application can only connect to a web application for streaming purposes. Before I get started with this package I want to be sure that what I am asking is possible.

My questions are:
    • Is it possible to render stream from a unity application to another?
    • How expensive is it going to be to switch views between streaming applications, when taking the connection setup into consideration?
    Any helpful links are much appreciated.

LucaAsu likes this.
  2. gnp89

gnp89

We're developing an app where we stream from VR headset to a mobile device, so it's possible between applications. Remember this is build on top of WebRTC, which works in multiple platforms (the Unity package still doesn't support all platforms though).

3. saifshk17

saifshk17

We have the same question. Is there a WebRTC that does this for VR headset to other application?

4. awnuxcvbn

awnuxcvbn

I think you may need this plugin FM WebSocket 1.0,you can serach in Unity Asset Store