Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to use models imported and extracted using Reflect in WebGL builds with metadata?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by JRW_WSP, Jun 8, 2022.

1. JRW_WSP

JRW_WSP

I'm trying to work out if it is possible to use the Unity Editor with the Reflect packages to import AEC model data in and kind of "bake" the data down so that it no longer has any connection to the Reflect uRPC calls which I understand do not work in WebGL.

It looks to me like models can be imported in and the relevant model / mesh / texture data can be extracted but it would appear to be very difficult to do the equivalent "static baking" of the associated BIM metadata for model elements.

Is there no way to effectively use the Unity Editor as my kind of staging ground for bringing BIM data in and then severing the connection to the source data completely and hence enabling the use of this data as runtime information I can use in WebGL builds?

We are web browser based with all of software deliveries at the civil engineering company I work for and so if WebGL + STATIC BIM data via Reflect is not possible then Reflect is (STILL) dead in the water for me even after all these years of development.