Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to use GameObjectRecorder to record keyframes from another animation running?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by renanliberato1, Jul 3, 2022.

1. renanliberato1

renanliberato1

Hi! I want to bake some animationclip+ik to plain animations (I'm on Unity 2019, so I can't use the animation rigging tools for that yet), but all GameObjectRecorder examples I've seen have been recording transform modifications either via direct manipulation or physics, not from another animation clip running.
    I've made some tries using the sample script from the documentation, but it results only in animation clips with empty keyframes at all.
    I'm not 100% sure if it's a limitation from the GameObjectRecorder or if I'm missing something else. I'm not looking for a working script tbh, just some high level discussion if I should continue testing it. Knowing some blockers is already 100% useful.

2. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

Hey,

Are you able to use the Animation Recorder (from the Recorder package) to get what you want? It is a WYSIWYG on top of the GameObjectRecorder.
    The GameObject Recorder hooks into the serialization system: if a thing is serializable (and modified), it takes snap shops of those things: all you need to do is to bind the correct components to be recorded.

renanliberato1 likes this.
  3. renanliberato1

renanliberato1

Hi @vladala! Thx for the answer. It also didn't record there :(
    I could workaround it replicating the animated transforms values to a cloned GameObject hierarchy and recording this one..
    It's still just a study, so I have some time to keep iterating and see if I missed something on my end.
    Thanks for the initial help again!