Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to use "Dynamic Resolution" to draw only to the safe-area?

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by Peter77, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I wonder if the new Dynamic Resolution feature can be told to draw to a specific area of the screen only?

I'm asking, because I recently implemented what games typically present as "Adjust your screen margins" in the game:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-do-you-implement-adjust-your-screen-margins.500172/

Implementing this was quite a hassle, for something that used to be simple, back when we used our in-house engine.

I assume the Dynamic Resolution feature already does most of it, without requiring weird workarounds as I describe in the link, but presents the image across the entire screen.

Do you think it makes sense to add support to Dynamic Resolution to specify where the image is presented? This could be used to present the final image only inside the safe area for example.

Prodigga likes this.
  2. timothyh_unity

timothyh_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi

Unfortunately not, Dynamic Resolution is not really related to your other problem at all.

Thanks
    Tim

richardkettlewell likes this.