Search Unity

Question Is it possible to turn a meshRenderer to skinnermeshRenderer

Discussion in 'Animation' started by shibi2017, Mar 17, 2022.

1. shibi2017

shibi2017

For example, I got 2 fbx file.
    The mesh information is same: a simple t-pose human.We call them meshA(rigged) and meshB(not eigged).
    and I improt two files to unity, one should work with skinnermeshrenerer and I set it to humanoid type, the other work with meshrenderer.

But, can I export the bones. boneweights and bindpose data from meshA and copy them to a new skinnermesh with meshB as a sharedmesh?

In the unity api, there is a code example in api: bindpose to create a skinnermeshrenderer by code:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Mesh-bindposes.html

and I change the code to export data from meshA and copy to meshB, some code here:
    export the data is simle, just declare an array and stroe them:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         Transform[] BoneData = activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>().bones;
    2.         Matrix4x4[] BindPoseData = activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>().sharedMesh.bindposes;
    3.         BoneWeight[] BoneWeightsData = activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>().sharedMesh.boneWeights;
    and copy:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. activeGameObject.AddComponent<Animation>();
    2.         if (activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>())
    3.         {
    5.         }
    6.         else
    7.         {
    8.             activeGameObject.AddComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>(); // auto replace the MeshRenderer
    9.         }
    10.         SkinnedMeshRenderer rend = activeGameObject.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>();
    11.         Animation anim = activeGameObject.GetComponent<Animation>();
    13.         // build the mesh
    14.         Mesh mesh = new Mesh();
    15.         mesh = rend.sharedMesh;
    16.         // assign bone weights to mesh
    17.         BoneWeight[] copyBoneWeights = _CustomData.boneData.boneWeights;
    18.         int safeLength =0;
    19.         mesh.boneWeights = new BoneWeight[mesh.vertices.Length];
    20. mesh.boneWeights = copyBoneWeights;

In my testing, when I copy data to meshB, it seems work well and no error or warnings. But visuially the meshB disappear. I can not tell why.
    So, is it possible do this with the method mentioned above?