Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to stream video to a server from a client, that other clients would then receive?

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by thePostFuturistUnity, Dec 29, 2022.

1. thePostFuturistUnity

thePostFuturistUnity

I'm looking to stream a rendertexture to a (for example) AWS server, without the client also being the server themselves. So *not* peer-to-peer or a headless server running the app streaming to clients. An example is Client A streaming their rendertexture to an AWS server, from which Client B then receives it.

Alternatively, a byte array after compression has taken place would also suffice.

Networking is not my forte, sorry for the novice questions.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  2. gtk2k

gtk2k

SFU server?

3. winlin_srs

winlin_srs

You can use SRS which is a WebRTC server, which allows you to use Unity as client and deliver streams to each others.

> PS: SRS also supports coverting WebRTC to live stream, for example, to publish Unity stream to YouTube etc.

It's very easy to use, you can start SRS by docker, and there are some examples for Unity, for details see srs-unity.

4. thePostFuturistUnity

thePostFuturistUnity

Thanks, I'm checking it out now