Search Unity

Is it possible to slow down or background load a game in Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arowx, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Arowx

Arowx

2. DaDonik

DaDonik

Just make sure that the player has to complete the mini game before the actual game continues.
    This could be especially fun in multiplayer games. If you're bad at the mini game, you'll join the game late and people with SSD's wouldn't benefit from faster loading times anymore.

3. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

It's crazy how these bigger companies are always trying to lock things up. Never knew that Namco had trademarked this. Very odd considering just like the article says there were various games a decade earlier on the C64 that did this exact same thing. Loading times were terrible in those days and it was very cool to play a space invaders clone. Very rare too and ironically only the budget games seemed to actually do it as far as I can remember.

Still... it just blows my mind sometimes how obviously the budget game company or whoever created this originally in the 80s didn't feel the need to lock it up and yet the bigger company in the 90s claims it as their idea and locks it up for 20 years.

Anyway, thanks for posting. I learned something and now know why we have not seen more of this kind of thing over the past decades.

Ryiah likes this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Or alternatively the mini game is paused until the next loading screen.

5. Spoken_OS

Spoken_OS

theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.