Search Unity

Is it possible to set DoF on a singular GameObject?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by djlins, Jun 5, 2020.

1. djlins

djlins

I have been wrestling with the latest URP and Post Processing and layers and Camera Stacking and I am not able to set Bokeh Camera Depth of Field on a singular GameObject without it effecting all other objects in the scene.
    I have tried having a Base camera render culling to nothing and have 2 separate Overlay cameras each with their own cubes and each on their own layer and only one with a volume and post process setting. When I run it though the post process effects both cubes.
    Does anybody know if this is possible with URP?

Cheers in advance,
    Lindsay.

2. JacobFast

JacobFast

3. djlins

djlins

Thanks @JacobFast but unfortunately not. I think I have honed in on this is more likely to be a problem with the SteamVR plugin rather than a Unity issue.
    As soon as I add a second camera to a scene, brand new or even if it is a duplicate of the original SteamVR player camera and then I make it an overlay and stack it then I get a wierd double eye vision thing going on (each eye is rendering both left and right eyes).
    I don't think this one is solvable unfortunately. I will think of another way around trying to make one thing look blurry rather than actually using stacked cameras.