Search Unity

Is it possible to save screen shot to iOS Photos Library?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by muckletone, Mar 20, 2019.

1. muckletone

muckletone

As we work on developing our proof of concept, the one functionality we would like to add is to be able to save a screencapture image, including the AR overlays to the iOS Photos Library.

The Unity API does provide a "screencapture" function which can be called. The Unity documentation indicates the when used in the Unity, the image is saved to a predefined path as predefined by the application.persistentpDataPath function.

This does in fact work, but the predefined path when installed on an iOS device, doesn't seem to be viable. "/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/<guid>/Documents." as it is not exposing the image for use.

My question is if there anyone has been successful performing this desired function, and if so, could you please point me in the right direction to implement this capability.

appreciatively

2. ArmanUnity

ArmanUnity

i think unity doesnt have a function to store images in the photo gallery... you should need a plugin to access iOS native functionalities and you can call that plugin function from unity. Need a ios plugin doing this functionality and you can call that function from your unity c# script

3. Wolk

Wolk

I bought a plugin and it works

4. muckletone

muckletone

Thanks much, perchance, which Plugin did you acquire?

5. mgear

mgear

6. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

7. unnanego

unnanego

8. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

can you elaborate?

9. unnanego

unnanego

all fixed, thanks)