Search Unity

Is it possible to run Reflect Viewer on Oculus Quest

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by immersia_dataviz, May 4, 2021.

1. immersia_dataviz

immersia_dataviz

I saw this tutorial for HTC Vive and tried to do the same with my Oculus Quest but I get a "Disconnected VR Device detected. Please connect your OpenXR compatible VR device before switching to VR navigation mode." I have the Quest connected through Oculus Link and they are OpenXR compatible.

2. Gublu

Gublu

Unity Technologies

You need to install OpenXR. A simple way to do this is installing SteamVR.

3. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey!
    We don't officially support the Quest, but some folks have been successful in using it. Like Gublu says, it can be done via SteamVR. Others have been using Virtual Desktop.

4. immersia_dataviz

immersia_dataviz

I installed SteamVR as told and it worked! I cant use most of the binds and the controller model is missing but I can still move through teleport.

I could add the controller model and rebind the buttons through editing the viewer with Unity Pro right?

5. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Great! Yes, that can be done using our public repo

6. Fangh

Fangh

Does it work with Oculus Link (so a Windows Build) or autonomously (android build) ?
    Thank you !

7. sperezm1970

sperezm1970

Hi, now that Unity has publish a Reflect Viewer application in the Lab section of Oculus Store anyone knows where get a sample to build a APK for standalone mode with the Quest 2?

8. sperezm1970

sperezm1970

When Unity it's going to support Oculus VR devices? I really need this for my bussines (I have Reflect Developer edition)

9. Gublu

Gublu

Unity Technologies

Sorry about that, but there is actually no plan to publish Quest build mode in Reflect Developer.

10. sperezm1970

sperezm1970

Really it's a very bad news for me, when Unity publish the App Lab versión I thought develop custom bussines solution for Quest Pro devices. Now perhaps it's time look for a alternative to Reflect.

Davkar688 likes this.