Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to profile WebGL running on iPad via Unity Editor on Windows?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by DroidifyDevs, Oct 6, 2023.

1. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

I'm a little confused by the docs:
    WebGL
    You can use the Unity Profiler in WebGL, but you cannot attach to a running player built with WebGL via the Editor. This is because WebGL uses WebSockets for communication, which does not allow incoming connections on the browser side. To attach to a running player, you need to enable the Autoconnect Profiler checkbox in Build Settings (menu: File > Build Settings). Unity cannot profile draw calls for WebGL.

I've installed iTunes, my iPad is connected and visible in the Unity Editor, but when I play my WebGL project in itch.io, it fails to connect to my iPad. I'm sure Development Mode is on, Autoconnect Profiler is on, Safari Web Inspector is on. What else could I be doing wrong, or is this just not possible? Thanks!

2. mgear

mgear

3. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

You can't just install Safari on Windows...
    And no, 5.1.7 from 2012 doesn't count.

4. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

I literally quoted from that doc in my original post.

I guess it's not possible. I have a Mac Mini coming because I really need my project to work on iOS (the only platform giving me bugs). I love how Apple makes the BEST web browser - Safari - and when your app doesn't work on it, you need to buy more Apple products to figure out why!

5. mgear

mgear

there's info about firewall ports and manually attaching (just in case you haven't tested)