Search Unity

Question Is it possible to overwrite a jump animations height and physics with a script?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Marfmill, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Marfmill

Marfmill

Hello

I'm new to Unity so I am not too well versed in the capabilities or what things I can do to be efficient, so this may be a relatively simple question. So to start, I currently have a jump animation that is pretty standard that I got from Mixamo, and the animation is fine, my problem more so that the jump is a bit to small in height and would like it to be a bit higher while the motion of the jump is still fluid. I found a wonderful tutorial online by Board To Bits Games (linked below) that had the type of motion and physics for a jumping mechanic that I was looking to achieve, but is intended more so for an object or model, rather then something with an applied animation as far as I can tell. With that said, I am just curious if I would be able to have this code overwrite the jump physics of an animation, or if it would be better to just find another way to have a jump motion with the jumps.
    Please let me know if any further details or clarification is needed, I'll do my best to answer as best I can. Thanks!