Search Unity

is it possible to limit the size of a tilemap grid?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by bossnud, May 3, 2018.

1. bossnud

bossnud

Hi there, I want to limit the size of the grid for my tilemap to be 64x64 since no level/stage in my game will be larger than that, the current 'infinite' tilemap would be fine for me, since I can just build what I want but I also want to allow players to create their own custom stages and be able to save and load these.

restricting my grid to be a 64x64 dimension would let me easily iterate through it and streamline my "saving" and "loading" process for these custom stages by letting me treat it as a 2D array and treat each block of the grid as a (x,y) coordinate of the grid.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions on how I would go about doing so I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2. markjsommerville

markjsommerville

Is there nothing more profound about having a problem that one would assume is basic knowledge, and the only help you find is someone with the same question, and no answers? May my thread bump bring us both better attention.

3. markjsommerville

markjsommerville

Okay, I looked into it on some other channels, and I think this might be the instructions you seek.

And if bossnud already found the answer, well, someone else might eventually come here.

4. CDJ_13

CDJ_13

continuing the two year gap between messages : )

5. xXProtoXx

xXProtoXx

I guess that someone is me... Thanks for your diligence!