Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to increase the indirect light in Path tracing?

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by wenzy, Jul 16, 2021.

1. wenzy

wenzy

Hi. community

It seems the " Maximum Intensity " in the Path tracing which can increase the intensity of the indirect lighting. But it can only set to 100. Is is possilbe to increase this value? Sometime we can use that to create some Non-realistic lighting effect

2. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, in the latest version (2021.1 & 2021.2), this parameters has already been replaced by an input field, so you can already put whatever value you want.

In your case, you can edit the file named PathTracing.cs in com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition\Runtime\RenderPipeline\PathTracing and look for the variable named "maximumIntensity", change the max there and reset your PathTracer component.

Also, keep in mind that this intensity was clamped for a reason, increasing this value will give you fireflies (white pixels )and noise in some setup, so it's advised to put the minimum here to have a cleaner image.

wenzy likes this.
  3. wenzy

wenzy

Thank you for your reply ! I have change the value sucessfully. But when the value is set to 1000 in editor, and the effect is the same as 100. ( I'm using Unity 2020.3.0f ) . I will try a newer version later.