Search Unity

Is it possible to handle local packages defined in manifest.json?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Meatloaf4, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

I have a manifest.json that defines 3 local packages (see below). I'm curious what is the best way to handle these local packages utilizing Cloud Build?

I was thinking that potentially a solution could be to modify the manifest.json using the pre-export hook to change the packages local url to git url but my git repo where the packages are defined is private. This causes another issue as Cloud Build i'm assuming can't handle urls for private git repos currently ( I know it does handle public urls though).

So in general i'm just looking for some advice on how to handle my current situation. Is there any best practices when it comes to Cloud Build and local / private Unity packages?

Thanks in advance!

Code (javaScript):
    1.   "dependencies": {
    2.     "com.thomasbrown.tools": "file:C:/.../Random/Toms Unity Tools",
    3.     "com.thomasbrown.tomscinemachinetools":"file:C:/.../Toms Cinemachine Tools",
    4.     "com.thomasbrown.tomsplayfabtools":"file:C:/.../Random/Toms PlayFab tools",
    5.     "com.unity.ads": "2.0.8",
    6.     }
    7. }

2. victorw

victorw

Cloud Build handles private git repos just fine - you just need to authenticate using oauth or by adding an SSH token to your provider configuration. I would suggest the use of git submodules for this purpose.

3. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

Ah thanks so much for the reply, this is awesome news.