Search Unity

Question Is it possible to get your play area on a Quest 2?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by SmurfJuggler, Feb 19, 2023.

1. SmurfJuggler

SmurfJuggler

I've been beating my head against a brick wall on this for a few days now. I'm trying to use TryGetBoundaryPoints but it always returns false and fails to populate any vector3 info. I've popped a boundaryChanged event on the input subsystem too but it never fires (all true either on link or standalone)

Is anybody reading the XR play area on Quest successfully? If so do you know what I might be missing? This doesn't seem like it should be as difficult/futile as it's turning out to be.

2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Did you have roomscale boundary setup? otherwise it will probably return nothing/empty list for stationary boundary.

3. SmurfJuggler

SmurfJuggler

I definitely have the boundary set up, yep.

It seems it's a problem (or something I'm missing) with the Oculus XR plugin - if I switch to the OpenXR plugin the OnBoundaryChanged event fires and I can read the values with TryGetBoundaryPoints, but it's janky in a lot of weird ways and generally not a feasible solution (and indeed I get loads of warnings about how I should be using Oculus XR plugin instead)

4. SmurfJuggler

SmurfJuggler