Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to do streaming using an IP camera?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Anraksha, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Anraksha

Anraksha

Hello
    That make some day that I try to do an application which with the IP Adress and a Port of the camera retrieve the video stream and display it on unity, to better explain, I ask an osc server for the streaming to a raspberry camera and if the camera respond the server answer to me with the ip of the camera. During that time the camera start sending the video stream to my IP on a specific port.

I was wondering how to retrieve the stream and display it on a texture or any thing that is in unity.
    I already tested some asset like gstMovie texture and it dont work, nothings is display.
    Following that i have tried some solution from the C# but it appear quickly that it was not compatible with unity. Like Aforge.net and Accord.net. That said i cant not use application or package that contact a server on internet, the camera dont have any access to internet, it's on its own network

And the last condition is that the solution must work for android and windows, and work on unity v5.3.7.

I'm sorry if the question is trivial, but I'm still new to Unity, C# and the world of the streaming, so if you can help me it's really welcome.

I really thanks you even if you just read the message and cant answer to my question.
    I wish you a good day.
    Cordially
    Anraksha