Search Unity

Is it possible to disable facecam on Everyplay?

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by Stevanus, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Stevanus

Stevanus

I only need the replay feature. I would like to disable facecam because of the new Android 6.0 permissions handling.

It just makes my game look so sketchy when you are requesting 3 dangerous permissions on runtime, all because of the facecam feature. The 3 pemissions are: Access files, take pics/record video, record audio.

My game is just a simple 2D arcade game, that won't seem to be needing any of the 3 permissions from the user's point of view.

Gon-Lee likes this.
  2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @Stevanus,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you do not wish to use the FaceCam functionality, it should be safe for you to remove the following lines from the AndroidManifest shipped with Everyplay:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera"android:required="false"/>
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus"android:required="false"/>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"/>

The following line can be modified to request less permissios on Android versions that no longer need the permission:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:maxSdkVersion="18"/>
    This last bit will be revised in a later SDK update.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Simo

Gon-Lee likes this.
  3. Gon-Lee

Gon-Lee

But It have another problem. I did delete FaceCam function at AndoroidManifest but FaceCam icon was left. How do I delete FaceCam icon? It breed discontent from user.

Attached Files: