Search Unity

Is it possible to create a mobile strategy game similar to Lords Mobile on Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ashh7, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Ashh7

Ashh7

Basically title. I know massive online games are taking a lot time and resources, but I need some advice on how to get started. If not Unity, maybe there's something else that is more appropriate?

I appreciate any help, thank you in advance :)

2. vakabaka

vakabaka

Is it possible.... ? -> Yes, it is ;) Ok, it is allways: Yes :D
    You can make every game with the Unity. If you are new to Unity then forget about mmog at the beginn and start easy with one simple game. Look at the tutorials. Unity has good own tutorials. Somewhere here: https://unity.com/learn

Then you can check what is needed for the mobile platform and adapt your game for it (be careful with the hardware, get the touch controller basics and you are almost ready).

Later, if you can understand how the Unity works, you can start with the multiplayer. Still I have never used multiplayer systems and maybe other people will say, "start with multiplayer" :eek: No idea here.

Antypodish likes this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

Getting Started

4. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Anything is possible in Unity!!!

ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE :-|

5. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

That's kind of a fun example. Lords Mobile is just one of the many reskins of Game of War : Fire Age, right? Those are basically browser games. The most complicated part is all of the menus knowing how to go back to whatever menu called them, and making dotted "travel" lines on the world map.

The real work is getting an art director for a fun theme, working on tech trees and getting the pace right, paying for a license (like the ones based on Game of Thrones, or Final Fantasy) massive advertising with Arnold the Barbarian (he did the Mobile Strike commercials) to get the player base so the whales have someone to kill, translating into Korean, getting very reliable servers (into the thousands of dollars for that), and monetizing -- you have to make free with clan gifts barely playable, $30/month have a good chance, and make dropping $200 worth it, but not an auto-win, set up VIP spending... .

Pretty much any game engine could make Lords Mobile, but that's not the real problem.

Ashh7 likes this.
  6. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

Not compile shader at runtime though.

7. Ashh7

Ashh7

Sorry for late reply, just wanted to thank you for such an informative response. I'm trying to figure out how to make some basic private replicate of those games you mentioned and then tweak it to my liking, remove all p2w bs mechanics, hire artists to make it pretty, and hopefully publish it eventually. No PR, no translation. I want to make a simple english community project without all this modern mobile bs. I know it's probably idealistic, and is doomed to fail in practice, but I still want to create something like this!

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

For the record Lords Mobile is known to be a Unity game. If you want to see how we know just search for "Lords Mobile decrypted binaries" and you'll find a discussion thread about it on Unknown Cheats (a community dedicated to hacking apps to cheat and make bots).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Joe-Censored likes this.
  9. FMark92

FMark92

Idk man I would think a good game engine would have a cancer filter by now.

10. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/android/286793-lords-mobile-decrypted-binaries.html

Very interesting thread, lol the code is really S***. I would like them to decompile my game. "This game is following patterns like SOLID and enterprise standards, WTF" :p

arisenphoenix likes this.