Search Unity

Is it possible to build for iOS as part of an already existing app?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by DinostabOMG, Feb 28, 2018.

1. DinostabOMG

DinostabOMG

I'm wondering if it's possible to include the Unity engine and a game build as part of another app which already exists.

Like for example, say you have an app that built natively, that does typical non-game stuff like let a user view account details, check invoices for your service, etc. Obviously the bulk of this app isn't going to be in Unity.

But say you wanted to add a feature into this app, like an Easter egg game that happens when they do something in the main part. Say you want to use Unity just for that feature.

I realise this adds a ton of bulk to your app but is it even possible? How would you attack this? If the app already exists, has a build process... can you build the Unity feature and somehow get it into the existing app?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Could you just not launch the Unity app from the other app, and keep them separate?

3. DinostabOMG

DinostabOMG

Unfortunately I think that would be outside product requirements for this app.

4. jtokash

jtokash

You might consider using a webgl export of the game and 'loading' it in web view.