Search Unity

Is it possible to build a game for IOS on Windows PC?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by nathangrieve10, Sep 21, 2017.

1. nathangrieve10

nathangrieve10

I have looked around, and seems it isn't possible, but just wanted to double check here to see. And If not, is it wise to build it around PC first then later down the line if I get hold of a mac, Edit the project on that so it can work for IOS too?

Thanks in advance.

2. Johannski

Johannski

It is not impossible, there is an asset out there that seems to do the job rather well:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15522
    I haven't tried it, but the reviews seem to be quite good.

Another solution would be to use unity cloud build with an iOS target, but it will be quite tedious to fix bugs if there are any.

Other than that, yes you can start off developing for android and test later, but every once in a while I would try to get the game running on ios as well just to be sure that it is working there.

3. nathangrieve10

nathangrieve10

thanks a lot for the reply! seems like an effective application, the one problem is that it does say you need physical access to a mac once anyway to grab files/ upload. But I think I'll start off anyway, target windows and android for now at least.

4. myzzie

myzzie

Physical access or virtual access? As far as I know, there's no hardware in a mac that has anything to do with this. It's all software so a virtual machine should work in theory to build for ios.