Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to add wildcards in the path paratemer of a GetEntriesByPath query?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by halvaren_nugadog, Mar 8, 2023.

1. halvaren_nugadog

halvaren_nugadog

Hi,

I'm interested in obtaining a set of entries whose paths share a part of it. For example, every entry path starts with "Pack" and then the rest of the path changes in each of them. So the idea would be to set the path parameter of the query with a value like "Pack%" or "Pack*". I've been testing typical wildcard characters but no one have given me a result different from a 404 Error. I haven't either seen anything in the documentation that guides me to think that this feature is actually implemented.

I know I could rely on labels for this, adding a specific label for all these entries, but I would like to know if that type of query could be possible, too.

Thank you in advance!

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @halvaren_nugadog,
    Thanks for contacting the support team.
    This sounds like something Remote Config may be able to handle?
    Could you share a simple scenario and how you may use this?

Look forward to your response.

3. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

That would be a useful feature for Unity to add.

In the meantime, I suspect you could easily replicate this functionality by creating your own method to call GetEntriesAsync, regex the results then return them in a list\array.

A second method would take this list\array and call GetContentAsync for each item.