Search Unity

Question Is it possible that the edition of a badge requires some time to be effectively change?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by halvaren_nugadog, Dec 16, 2022.

1. halvaren_nugadog

halvaren_nugadog

Hi there!

I'm working on a project that implies building Addressables Groups into AssetBundles and catalog on a side, uploading them to a Unity CCD Bucket and then download them into other side. In order to limit what a player would be able to download, I use a Production badge assign to the bucket Release I want to indicate as the stable one.

When I was uploading some new content, changing the Production badge to the new Release and then test that this new content was getting downloaded into my game, I realize that the catalog that the game uses to access the uploaded content was the one from the the Release that had the Production badge before the badge change. Firstly I thought it was an Addressables package problem, that probably the catalog wasn't getting update correctly and it was always using the catalog from cache.

But then, I made a deeper testing and I discover than the Production badge change is not effectively applied until some time has passed. Out of my project, it can be checked using the Client API endpoint for getting the Release info with a certain badge. There, if you change the badge you're requesting from Release A to Release B, in the next 2 to 4 minutes, the result of the query will be the Release A info and, after that time, the obtained info will be from Release B.

Is that a desired behaviour? Can it be change to be more immediate?

Thank you in advance!

2. Unity_JonathanCl

Unity_JonathanCl

Unity Technologies

Hi halvaren_nugadog,

yes, unfortunately, there is a delay of up to 5 minutes before the badge change is applied.

halvaren_nugadog likes this.