Search Unity

Question Is it not possible for a System subgraph to have some kind of output?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by dgoyette, Jun 1, 2020.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

Quick question: Is there some way for System Subgraph to have output fed into another system?

I'm trying to do a bunch of stuff within a System Subgraph, and then use its output as an input into another system. For example, I'm creating a Head and Trails system, which defaults to starting out as two parts: The invisible particles, and the visible trails. Basically, the invisible particle position gets sent into the Trails renderer via a GPU event. Here's what my subgraph looks like:

upload_2020-6-1_14-22-27.png

Everything circled in red is to generate the invisible particles. A Trigger Event Rate block sends the data into a GPU Event, which feeds the trail rendering.

I tried to convert the circled section into a Subgraph, but I found there was no way to feed the event trigger event rate out of the Subgraph and into the next system. Is there any way for a System subgraph to have any output? Or can they only be dead-end systems?

2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is not available at the moment (GPU events are still an experimental feature) but this is something that will be added in the future.