Search Unity

Is it normal if this... (Starting UI)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Nigey, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Nigey

Nigey

Is it normal if this?

Example1.png
    becomes this when clicked...

Example2.png

Whenever I watch a tutorial when they first make a UI component with a canvas it snaps to the camera size. Mine isn't. I've tried the tutorial example projects in the Forum's top bit and they're working okay. It's only when I try and make one myself.

2. Nigey

Nigey

And then from looking like this:

Example3.png

To looking like this, when I move the 'Game View' to the right, making it's overall screensize smaller.. ?

Example4.png

3. BeforeTheLight

BeforeTheLight

There are multiple posts on this already but to make your ui auto adjust like in the videos you need a ReferenceResolution component on the canvas. Then use anchors to make the elements stay relative to an area of the screen. I hope I understood your question and this helps.

4. Nigey

Nigey

That's great, thanks BeforeTheLight. It seems pretty strange that they neither mention this in any of the tutorials I've seen (about 5), or that the ReferenceResolution isn't a component by default when created, like the Canvas. Perhaps something for Unity to think about on their final release I guess..

All the same, works perfectly. Thanks

5. BeforeTheLight

BeforeTheLight

Yes the video does appear to be on a version other than the beta released to the public but I did see somewhere that once unite is all squared away they will be doing a new video series. Glad it helped.

Nigey likes this.