Search Unity

Question Is it important to have localisation settings for Android correct?

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Warp-Lemon, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Warp-Lemon

Warp-Lemon

I am having a small issue with the localisation settings for Android, but I am not sure it is really a problem.

We made our game using the localisation package (1.3.2) and it works just fine. We developed for 3 languages so far (English, Spanish and Portuguese). However, after building it and uploading to the Google Play Console, it says that the application has 85 supported languages, which of course is incorrect.

First question is: Is this really a problem? Can this interfere with ASO of the application?

If so, can I correct this?

I understand that in the past we had to create a folder structure to support these languages and that is where Google assumes the supported languages. The problem with that is that various plugins that we are using (.AAR) have these folder inside them.

upload_2023-4-19_17-14-50.png

The image above is the current "supported" languages that google is identifying, but we just need 3.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Did you add the android app language metadata to the settings?
    I believe that will configure the supported languages. If it's still happening are you able to delete those folders?