Search Unity

Is it currently possible to remove an asset from the "My Assets" tab?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Spacewizard-, Jul 30, 2022.

?

Is it currently possible to remove an asset from the "My Assets" tab?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Spacewizard-

Spacewizard-

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I was wondering that myself but haven't found anything. There's a filter "hidden" but no apparent way to control which assets are hidden, I suppose this is up to the package developer.

Spacewizard- likes this.
  3. BetaMark

BetaMark

On the desktop version of the site, there is a direct "hide asset" button on the asset's listing. Screenshot_20220730-140923_Brave.jpg

CodeSmile and Spacewizard- like this.
  4. Spacewizard-

Spacewizard-

Hello, if I understand it correctly, you can show hidden assets from here, in 2018, we could delete assets with the trash icon, but i guess they removed that option now. I have accumulated a lot of free assets, necessary or unnecessary, in this section...
    loc.png

CodeSmile likes this.
  5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Thanks! First task today: hide all deprecated assets. Hey, it‘s sunday, give me a little slack … :)

Spacewizard- likes this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

You can hide them, but you can't "un-own" an asset. I tried with Path Painter, but Unity refused to remove it from my assets list.

Spacewizard- likes this.
  7. Spacewizard-

Spacewizard-

8. anilsayar

anilsayar

As of today, this removal option is still not possible. I have numerous unused assets from the last century, located under My Assets and I want to get rid of them all. You can hide, but cannot remove them completely. Very annoying... I don't know why Unity implemented that like top secret bank transaction.

9. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What if some user accidentally removed an asset and wants to get it back? You‘d have to have a list of deleted assets and an option to restore it. But wait: that would be the exact same behaviour as hiding an asset.

So it simply makes no sense to give users the option to remove a purchased asset altogether. Not even a „free“ one because the price could always be changed by the publisher.