Search Unity

Is IAP Promo and Personalized Placements deprecated?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by inxidious, Dec 20, 2019.

1. inxidious

inxidious

I received an email from unity team on 17 Dec, stating that IAP Promo is deprecated and we need to use another tool to show IAP Promo, but i can't seem to find any information about this deprecation, and my reply to the email hasn't been answered until now. So, is IAP Promo really deprecated? what's the reason behind the deprecation?

Here's the content of the email:

Hello,

The Unity Product team would like to inform you on the deprecation of the IAP Promo and Personalized Placement betas.

In order to provide you ample time to migrate, IAP Promo and Personalized Placements will continue to function normally until March 31, 2020. After this date, IAP Promo will stop serving. We recommend migrating to a different tool to configure IAP offers in your game before this time.

We want to sincerely thank you for participating in our beta. Our goal is to help developers maximize player lifetime value, and with our recent acquisitions of deltaDNA and ChilliConnect, there will be greater investment in bringing you different capabilities that help achieve this.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for your continued partnership.

Best,

Unity Product Team

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, we are deprecating the product. It was not adopted widely, and moving forward we will be focusing on the LTV capabilities of the acquisitions as mentioned in the email.

3. inxidious

inxidious

The email mentioned that unity recommends migrating to a different tool to configure IAP offers, but i can't seem to find any. Is there any recommendation on which alternative tools available? Or should we just manage the IAP Promotions on our own?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I am not aware of such a tool at the moment.