Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is HoloLens 32bit?

Discussion in 'VR' started by moonblood2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. moonblood2

moonblood2

If yes, Should I use Unity 32bit version? will it compatible with MixedRealityToolkit?
    If not. So how am I gonna load 32 bit DLL to 64 bit Unity Editor?

2. moonblood2

moonblood2

I be able to load 32 bit dll with 32 bit Unity. The MixedRealityToolkit is the old version.
    So if I'm gonna The latest version of MixedRealityToolkit. I won't be able to import External dll?

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

HoloLens is 32-bit, while Unity editor is 64-bit. However, when you build to hololens, it produces a 32-bit app. You don't load 32-bit DLLs into 64-bit Unity editor - even if it was same bitness, you can't load hololens DLLs in win32 apps.

moonblood2 likes this.
  4. moonblood2

moonblood2

Thank you for the reply! But because I can't load 32-bit DLL into 64-bit Unity Editor So I'm using 32-bit version of Unity.
    The DLL is able to be loaded But the 32-bit Unity does not have System.thread.Tasks Libary, And That's a big problem for me.
    My another question is, If I want to use DLL I can not use the latest version of Unity?

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Why not just build the DLL in 64-bit for the editor? You can't share DLLs between hololens build and the editor anyway even if they are the same bitness.

moonblood2 likes this.
  6. moonblood2

moonblood2

I see! Thank you so much! With this solution I can use the latest version of unity and toolkits。
    Tautvydas-Zilys, Do you also happen to know where do I have to put the DLL in hololens?(Visual studio side)

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

For it to get copied to HoloLens? Just put it into your Unity project and configure it as compatible with WSAPlayer.