Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

is Fog working ?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by BigB, Feb 19, 2015.

1. BigB

BigB

Has anyone been able to get fog working as it should ?
    The global fog shader, doens't matter what value I enter as a start distance, of the fog density, all I get is full fog.
    Take a look at the screenshot :

My start distance there is 300, and with a density of almost zero (0.0002) I get full fog.
    Anyone had this problem ?
    This is with RC1.

Thanks

2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

Is it really fog? Your fog settings are blue, but your picture is kinda gray ;)

That's to say: fog works for me.

3. melkior

melkior

I had the same problem a couple of days ago, i was just toying with the fog to see how it would look and this happened. I didn't want to burn a bunch of time troubleshooting it so I just removed it at the time. But something tricky happening there.

@Carpe I suspect his orange dominated scene blending with the blue fog is creating the color you see there?

4. BigB

BigB

I don't know what happened, I believe the fog shader was frozen or something, changing color, changing distance, anything, nothing worked.
    I removed the shader, saved the scene, exited, launched Unity again, added the shader, and now works.