Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Facebook ending support for Unity WebGL?

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by achimeno, Sep 9, 2020.

1. achimeno

achimeno

I was updating my Facebook WebGL game and I had this message:

Facebook message:
    Support Is Ending for Adobe Flash
    Adobe is ending support for Flash after December 31 and Facebook will no longer be able to host Zodi Bingo free - WebGL. Before the end of the year you can choose to
    • Update Zodi Bingo free - WebGL to HTML5.
    • Direct players to other games or another Page.
    [This message is visible to developers only. Players will see the following message starting September 15.]

This Game Is Going Away Soon
    Zodi Bingo free - WebGL will no longer be available after December 31 because it runs on Adobe Flash, which is going away. After that date, you won't be able to play the game and any in-game purchases will expire. You can continue playing this game until then or explore other great games.

What do you know about this?

Attached Files:

2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

That is an extremely odd message because WebGL is the replacement for Flash. It's not built from or on top of Flash.

3. polemical

polemical

I would assume it's one of two possibilities..

1. "Zodi Bingo free - WebGL" is just the title string, not actually WebGL given the other details at hand - the message for Flash apps/games is just "Update {title} to HTML5".

2. It is actually WebGL, but there's Flash being detected that's being used for something else (such as auto-persisting cookie systems that incorporate use of LSOs/SharedObjects).

JamesArndt likes this.
  4. achimeno

achimeno

5. polemical

polemical

unityunity